28 July 2014

pedalo-ing

Saturday morning, we headed straight to the Serpentine to be at the front of the queue for pedalos:


Pedalo-ing has been on my list of things to do in London for ages, and now having had a spin, I'm wondering why it took me so long to give it a go! G remembers taking one out as a small boy, and it seems not much has changed, as he aimed straight for the swans:


Luckily the swans (and geese and coots) were completely unfazed, and G made amends with bits of bread tossed over the side.


An hour later, still fuelled by coffee from the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen, we popped into Slightly Foxed for a quick look: 


Because while water and books don't mix, water followed by a browse round a super (air-conditioned) bookshop on a scorching hot day certainly do!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever taken out a pedalo on the Serpentine. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh fun, although I'd prefer the bookshop to the boat if I had to choose only one.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're back blogging! What a coincidence you popped into Slightly Foxed! Can't wait to get there myself sometime soon. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that MissM worked at Slightly Foxed?

    ReplyDelete