13 March 2013

virtual vacation

Over the past week, I've been revisiting our annual September holiday...or more accurately, finally attempting to organize our digital photos! We started off in Woodbridge, where the sun was out and the skies were blue,


perfect for a walk along the quayside, dreaming about life aboard a houseboat:


It was even warm enough for lunch in the square outside the Wild Strawberry Cafe, which I'm still convinced makes the best sandwiches anywhere. And I'm very fussy about sandwiches. In fact, my sandwich was so fab, I tucked right in and only managed a picture of the salad garnish!


Next day, it was on to Orford to visit the Pump Street Bakery, which has won numerous awards, including Best Food Producer at the BBC Food and Farming Awards 2012:


And it was every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped. But my only memento of our lunch at the sunny communal table is the picture I took before it arrived:


Clearly food photography standards must improve--but on the plus side that's fewer images to file!

6 comments:

  1. Suffolk sure looks good in Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at holiday photos is good for the soul, even when one is not on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just realised I have been to the Pump Street Bakery - a couple of summers back. I have very fond memories of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stamping ground! Although shamefully I have never been to Pump Street Bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking back at old photos too lately. They are a real pick-me-up. Fond memories and wishful thinking at the same time, especially the garden ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SNAP!

    I've just been making photo books of our 2012 holidays... it really give me itchy feet!!

    ReplyDelete