15 March 2013

virtual vacation, part two

The rest of our holiday album is similarly devoid of foodie photos: no snaps of our fresh dressed crabs from the Cley Smokehouse, our coffee and buns at the fab new Art Café in Glandford, or our mid-morning croissants at Wiveton Hall Café

But we do have one taken outside the Wiveton Hall Farm Shop:


And we have loads of sand and sea and grass, all taken on our walks along the beach and through the salt marshes at Cley-next-the-Sea,




where we stayed in our favorite home-away-from-home, Manor Coach House,


just steps away from the famous windmill:


And there are photos of our other favorite coastal haunts, including Sheringham Park





where we finally saw the seals we've never seen at Blakeney. But those photos didn't turn out: the plucky pinnipeds are just smudges in the swells. A reminder that sometimes it's better to simply experience and enjoy rather than trying to focus a lens.



Not that I'm planning to put away my camera anytime soon!

12 comments:

  1. I did the field work for my geography 'O' level at Cley and Blakeney. And I honeymooned up there too! Love that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very beautiful part of East Anglia, and we don't go over nearly frequently enough. I might just book up a surprise weekend. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made me long for a trip up to the Norfolk coast. It is too long since I last visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely... I really crave some beach time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO ready for a holiday that includes some warm sunshine! Lovely to see you back, Kristina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. We're planning on heading back to that corner of the world this summer, you've just wet my appetite even more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe I missed your return to blogging. Great to see more of your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed walking along the Norfork coastline, across beaches, marshes and forest tracks. Such big contrast from the hustle and bustle of London...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see summer! Norfolk looks beautiful, I really must visit it soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am THRILLED that you're back. What an absolute treat. I can hardly express how much I'm enjoying my socks. They are an enormous source of comfort - much needed in recent days. Thankyou so so much Kristina, and for these lovely blogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so late in coming to visit with you Kristina but just wanted to pop by and let you know that your socks are getting much love here. Love your photos of Norfolk which is a place that holds many happy memories of family holidays when my two were very little (and before it became too hard to go away)we went to Holkham lots and I love that huge expanse of sand, sea and sky that makes you feel small and humble and puts all things in perspective. Hope all is well with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a wonderful holiday! I love those British beaches.

    ReplyDelete