21 March 2012

crochet in cley

While Monica, Ali, and I were in Mrs Moon on Monday, we had a look through the new pattern books. Being absolutely hopeless at crochet, Rowan's Holiday Crochet didn't really interest me,

until Monica flipped it open, and I saw the chalkboard advertising Homemade Lavender Bread:

Because this isn't just any chalkboard. This the chalkboard that hangs outside Picnic Fayre Delicatessen, in our very favorite holiday spot, Cley-next-the-Sea.

A closer inspection revealed the entire brochure was indeed photographed in Cley. How did I not recognize the windmill on the cover? But sadly, I've never looked this sexy on my visits to the deli:

Do you think a crochet bag and cardi would help?

14 comments:

  1. Oh oh, I've been to that excellent Deli, well spotted Kristina, I shall have to go and browse that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More to the point, what did the model buy to put in her crochet bag? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should definitively learn to crochet. I'll teach you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I just read 'sexy' and 'crochet' in the same sentence?!? I've never thought to put the two together before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know? Perhaps sexiness is in the eye of the beholder. >;-D

    (Running off to learn about Cley-next-the-Sea.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a LOVELY candid shot of you coming out of the deli.
    (You didn't recognize yourself because you forgot being there that day.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'd love to go there! (Mostly to try that lavender bread). Will be so impressed if you learn to crotchet - I find it impossible so impossible I've never actually tried, hmmm. What I need is an orange crotched shopper (obv the new black!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you look your usual effortlessly elegant self at the deli always. And I can spot a Whitstable photoshoot at 50 paces, so I'm not surprised Cley jumped out at you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristina, I've never mastered crochet either, and being left handed makes it even more of a hurdle (it seems to me). And I'm with Ali - I bet you always look as stylish and elegant as usual when you go to that deli!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen entire catalogues based around caravanning holidays. I did a lot of those as a child, and I'm pretty sure they continue to look nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure she looks that sexy and you always look beautifully elegant. Beautiful setting though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always spy out the best and most visual places to visit! You have an eye for it. Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristina, you'd look far more elegant than the model. I also think you'd crochet the bag in more subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristina, you'd look far more elegant than the model. I also think you'd crochet the bag in more subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete