04 August 2011

rocky and rosy

It was a week of succulents and roses: first at Wisley, then at Miller Harris, where Rachel and I popped in for birthday tea and cake.

Outside the shop, there were fabby rock plants on sale:

And inside the shop, there were roses in the perfumes and roses in the tea.

We ordered a pot of Miranda's favorite Thé Pétales, blended with rose absolute from Turkey. It had just the right hint of rose--not at all overpowering--and after two cups each, we concluded it really is the best tea on the menu.

While it was tempting to bring home a little something rocky or rosy, I was very good. After all, it wasn't my birthday--not quite yet! Happy Birthday, Rachel!

7 comments:

  1. I am in the midst of a clutter clear out - I think it would be safest if nothing new ever crossed my threshold again. Oh the stuff.....
    Far beter to admire, eat and drink and return home with photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really super treat, rose tea is my favourite, I must try this blend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a civilised way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the rocky and rosy are delightful I would have liked a peek at the cake!

    Happy belated birthday wishes to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose tea! Sounds heavenly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad you enjoyed the tea!

    ReplyDelete