12 March 2012

mmm-mmm malt

When I was little, my dad would occasionally take me out for malts at our local ice cream shop. These are some of my happiest memories of time with my dad and perhaps account for my enduring love of tall, frothy malts in ice-cold, stainless steel cups. Someday, I dream of having one of these:

But in the meantime, I'm quite happy with a scoop of Malted Milk Ice Cream, made from the recipe in David Lebovitz' The Perfect Scoop:

A generous measure of malt powder gives this ice cream a super velvety texture, as well as that very distinctive flavor. Mmm-mmm malt!

9 comments:

  1. it's definitely icecream weather!
    no malt for me though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful machine, what exactly does it do? The ice cream is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I would love to try this ice cream recipe. You are inspiring me as always to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a malt! And what a fab machine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I love malt too. And I want that milkshake machine too!! M

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, never experienced malt ice-cream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking out of my window today does not make me feel like ice-cream. Which is a pity, because yours sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first heard of 'malts' whilst reading 'Stars spangled banner' as a young girl...

    I bet that ice cream tastes divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Malt makes a great icecream flavour on its own, but is gorgeous in a milk shake.

    ReplyDelete